06 - Matrix Editor
To edit individual voxels of a matrix you need to use the Matrix Editor. Inside the Matrix Editor you can draw, erase, select and modify voxels.
Entering The Matrix Editor
To open a matrix in the Matrix Editor:
- Simply double-click the voxels or the bounding box of a matrix with any tool.
- Or select a single matrix and use Edit > Isolated or Edit > In Place.
Leaving The Matrix Editor
To close the Matrix Editor:
- Double-click on an empty area.
- Use the arrow button of the Header Bar.
When ghosting is enabled you can see the other objects as semi-transparent ghosts. To toggle ghosting use View > Work Area > Ghosts or the View tab of the Property Panel. Ghosting comes in two options: default and inline.
- Default Ghosting renders the ghosts behind the active matrix, so that they will never hide any voxels you want to edit. Default Ghosting is used when you double-click a matrix or use Edit > Isolated.
- Inline Ghosting renders the ghosts at their exact position, so that they may overlap the active matrix. To use Inline Ghosting either double-click a matrix while pressing Shift or use Edit > In Place.
Next article: Drawing Tools