11 - Modifiers
Modifiers can be used to modify a selection of either objects or voxels. Some modifiers require a selection of exactly one or two objects but for most of them any selection will work.
Transform modifiers translate, flip, rotate, scale and mirror a selection. Rotate 90°, Flip Horizontal and Flip Vertical are context sensitive commands, meaning the result depends on how the camera looks at the object.
- Integer Scale scales a matrix n-times. Good for adding more detail.
- Color modifiers change the color of voxels.
- The Work Area modifiers change size of Matrices and Compounds' Work Area.
- Resize resizes the work area to a given size.
- Optimize optimizes the size of the selected object so that all voxels or child objects perfectly fit into it.
- Extend extends the work area by 10 units in every direction. Provides a quick way to make more room for drawing voxels.
- Divide cuts a matrix into smaller matrices.
Modifiers in this menu create or edit Compounds.
- Create Compound packs selected objects into a new Compound.
- Break unpacks a Compound.
- Parent adds selected objects to a Compound.
- Unparent removes selected objects from a Compound and parents them to the Compound's parent node.
- Merge merges all of the Compound's child objects into a single Matrix.
- Crop resizes all child objects that are partially outside of the Compound's Work Area so that they fit into it.
Core modifiers affect the core voxels of a matrix. Core voxels are all voxels that have 6 neighboring voxels and are therefore completely surrounded.
- Hollow deletes all core voxels.
- Advanced Hollow allows you to set a hull thickness that should remain.
- Fill Hollows fills all hollows of a matrix.
- Extract creates a new Matrix from the core voxels.
- Remove Hull deletes all voxels that are not core voxels.
Boolean operations add or subtract the geometry of objects from each other.
- Union combines selected objects to a single Matrix.
- Difference requires a selection of 2 objects. Voxels of object A that overlap with voxels of object B will be erased.
- Intersection requires a selection of 2 objects. Creates a new matrix of all overlapping voxels of object A and B.
The Pivot modifiers can be used to set the pivot of objects for the mesh exporter.
- Split Off creates a new matrix from detached or selected voxels.
- Linear Projection can be used to project an image onto a given side of a matrix.
- Linear Snapshot saves a side view of an object to an image file.
Next article: Creators